Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Raku Monday

Yesterday was all fire and smoke, so much so that I had to leave all doors and windows open until late to get rid of smokey smells!  As is always so with a raku firing, the results are unexpected and often disappointing.  Today's firing was a success and I'm very pleased with the results.   Not exactly the shade I expected, but even better.  I made these discs to use in a necklace inspired by a Donna Karan piece.

Ceramic discs pre bisque firing (made with cookie cutters from antique shop)

Raku discs in sawdust - a few vine leaves found their way into the sawdust bin!

Raku discs post raku firing - I love the dark green colour!

Very happy with this donut pendant.

As soon as I've had time to make the necklace, I will post pictures.  Now its off to the studio to prepare for this evening's pottery class.

2 comments:

  1. You have been very busy! I, too, love the dark green discs... I hope you will consider making some of your raku discs available for sale as components at your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm going to as soon as I've cleaned them - they're on my list of to do's for this week...

    ReplyDelete