Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Revisiting old favourites

Like I said in my previous post, the golden brown colour palette of our winter holiday destination prompted me to revisit old favourites - terracotta, stoneware and unglazed black earthenware.  Earthy, warm, solid and grounded in African soil - these are the colours we started out with when we began making beads two years ago.  Our terracotta clay comes from a smallholding here in my hometown and that could be the reason why I am so much in love with it...

More pictures from my 'winter break' album:
Church in Rosendal with sculpture by Marinda du Toit 

Washing hanging on a fence in rural KwaZulu Natal.

Birds against crisp blue winter sky 

Cattle and horseman  near Clarens in the Free State

Quirky sign and dirt road in Clarens

Ladies waiting for a taxi in rural KwaZulu Natal

Earthbutter Necklace - lariat style

Earthbutter Necklace - terracotta and white earthenware



No comments:

Post a Comment