Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Turquoise


I’ve just returned from a relaxing holiday in Thailand (thanks to my darling husband!).  As I was sorting through my pictures, one colour stood out above the rest – turquoise!  




The waters of the Andaman Seas are indeed pure turquoise – exactly as they are on post cards and tourist guides.    The many green bushy islands rising from the turquoise waters are absolutely beautiful.


Those who know my work, also know that turquoise is my favourite colour and that my turquoise raku beads are also my best sellers.  I am deeply connected to turquoise and suspect that it calms me down and help me to focus. 


According to colour psychology when you focus on turquoise, you will feel instant calm and gentle invigoration – ready to face the world again!  From now on, I shall be wearing a turquoise raku bead necklace whenever I need to be energized or when I long to swim in the warm, turquoise waters of the Andaman seas.

1 comment:

  1. What an incredible setting to inspire your creativity, Desiree! And what a fantastic way to recall all that relaxation, a punch of gentle turquoise amidst darker beads.

    ReplyDelete