Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Quick Snapshots

My small Nikon pocket camera is always in my handbag - ready to snap quick shots which I file away on my computer in my "To inspire me" folder .  I live about 75kms away from Cape Town City Centre and never leave without my camera. Here are a few pictures which I took during my last visit or two:
Vertical garden advertisement by Emirates in Long Street, Cape Town

Love the colours in this picture - building in Long Street, Cape Town

I always stop and look up at the mural outside Mama Africa Restaurant, Long St, Cape Town

Not so glitzy as the name suggests...Glitterati in Harrington St , Cape Town

Colourful shop front of Charly's Bakery - a landmark building and MUST stop for to-die-for muffins and cakes

Beautiful shop display - O.live 

Colourful entrance in Long St

My favourite coffee shop in the Eastern District - 'The Field Office' - I love the Pedersen & Lennard chairs.
In the background in this last photo is a large aerial photo of Cape Town with 2014 printed on it.  Cape Town is the World Design Capital for 2014 - I will be in Town then not only every second week, but most weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Love how all these colonial buildings have been overtaken in various ways by the local colour and design (and even plant life!)

    ReplyDelete