Thursday, January 10, 2013

We're back in the studio!


We’re back in the studio after a very long summer break and it’s so nice to be back!  My mind is racing with new ideas and even though I’ve long ago stopped making new years resolutions, I’ve got a few plans for the year to come.

On a personal level, I’ve decided to take up golf again after  having left the golf course in tears of frustration two years ago...  It’s going to be a huge challenge but I’m ready to for it!   I intend to ‘live in the moment’ and not to allow negative people and selfish politicians to poison my positive feelings for this beautiful world we live in. 

On a business level,  I intend growing my business and to get more single moms to join Earthbutter Beads.  I am exploring export opportunities and will be looking for distributors internationally.  The first must-do item on my 2013 business list, is to expand our range to include a typical African and specifically Southern African range of beads and pendants.  I have been researching African symbols, sketching and making proto types.  Here’s a few of the ideas which made their way onto my mood board:

West African Andrinka Symbols (I just love them!)

Colourful and decorative Zulu Earplugs (South Africa) - made of wood and vinyl flooring.

Decorated PVC anklets worn by the Hakawana and Zemba peoples (Source: www.ezakwantu.com).

Best wishes for a wonderful and creative 2013!

Desiree & team
x

No comments:

Post a Comment