Monday, February 18, 2013

African Wax Print Beads

One of my new years resolutions was to design beads inspired by Africa or closer to home - South Africa.    I'm still busy trying out new designs and there's a lot to be excited about and still a lot of work to do!  However, the first designs in my 'new African range' are ready and will be listed in my Etsy Shop today.



They were influenced by my immediate surroundings and my love of African fabrics.  I live in a rural town surrounded by the most beautiful blue mountains and blue skies.





 It is no wonder then that blue seems to be creeping into my work without me having consciously decided to use it.  Wellington is also within an hours drive from the coast - in fact not too very far from where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet at Cape Point!  Needless to say, the new range is in blue and I'm keen to show them to you.  I've used wax resist and glaze in a loose painterly way - reminiscent of African Wax Prints.

More new designs will be added to my shop within the next 10 days - please do visit and let me know what you think.

Desiree
x

5 comments:

  1. I received my lovely bead set today, Desirée and I just had to share them on my blog:

    ahalfbakednotion.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-heart-from-south-africa.html

    I just love your new blue beads as well... and I must admit my envy of your gorgeous scenery, as we are battling wicked snow storms here in eastern North America!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the beads arrived safely and that you like them! I looked at the snow images on your blog - it looks scary - we don't have that kind of snow storms here. Thanks for the kind words about us on your loveley blog - will be following your blog in future with interest.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog!
    You made some fine points there.This is so awesome post and great information .
    Thanks a lot !




    African Glass Beads"

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a great collection of African fabrics. Good quality at lowest price. For whole sell price Visit us hope you guys love them.
    Sequin Fabrics

    ReplyDelete