Thursday, March 14, 2013

The colour purple.

One of Pantone's fashion colours for spring 2013 is African Violet:
 
According to Tadashi Shoji, a New York fashion designer, everyone looks good in purple, specifically Eggplant or Aubergine.  It's as neutral as Black or Navy according to Mr Shoji.  Mmm, I like that Mr Shoji - shades of purple is so much more vibrant and alive than black and navy.


I love putting bead sets together especially making up unusual colour combinations like red and purple or stone and purple or how about orange and purple?  I'll have to try out these colour combinations on beads - who knows, it could lead to a new 'Bohemian' bead range. Just look at this picture of an aubergine and bright yellow/orange flowers against the green backdrop of my vegetable garden - gorgeous!

 


 I noticed this morning that there's quite a lot of purple in my garden but I cannot claim to be following colour trends as we are going into autumn in this part of the world!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I came across your shop on Etsy and it's just wonderful and what lovely work. I hope those purple one will be listed soon and I will be first there to buy it. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm busy experimenting with different glaze recipes to get a nice rich aubergine purple. Hope to get it right very soon.

    ReplyDelete