Thursday, April 4, 2013

Country life

I sometimes forget that this blog is not only about the studio and beads, but also about living in a rural community!  I'm a country girl through and through and love the simplicity of living in a smallish town.  It takes me only 5 minutes to get to work.  I go home for lunch and in summer for a quick nap or swim.   I especially love living in Wellington as it is only 45 minutes drive from Cape Town city centre - what more can a girl ask for?!

One of my favourite places to visit in the Cape Winelands area, is Babylonstoren and this is where I took these beautiful pictures this morning:

Sunflowers in the spectacular gardens at Babylonstoren - one of the oldest Cape Dutch farms.  


Lemon display in the Greenhouse where I had lunch today - glorious freshly baked  rye bread and a colourful garden salad. 

Keep an eye out for our yellow beads on the Trends Page of Issue no 17 of Cloth magazine.  



Today was a stunning autumn day with clear blue skies and lots of sunshine.  I enjoyed being outdoors as I realize that winter will be closing in on us very soon.  x

4 comments:

  1. so far apart, yet I can see what you did this morning. The yellow beads are beautiful and remind me of the lemons on the greenhouse table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beads a very pretty! They remind me of spring. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete