Wednesday, June 26, 2013

There is no passion to be found in playing small

We are in the midst of winter and have been blessed with lots of rain.  This morning as I drove to my studio, the sun was shining against a brilliant blue sky - I had to stop the car and quickly take a photo of the beautiful landscape of almost bare vines against the brilliant rays of the morning sun.

I passed this pretty turquoise house en route to my studio (I would love to meet the people
 living in this house!).



I unloaded the kiln and was satisfied with this bunch of terracotta fragrance balls 
which we made for a client in America.
I am also very pleased with this bird tile which I carved from terracotta clay (dug from soil deposits here in Wellington).  There are lots of birds in the garden outside my studio and birds seems to be my theme for 2013!
Late afternoon was spent doing a custom order for raku fired turquoise beads.  I used lace and texture plate to imprint the clay.  
These little guys from a pre-school visited the Cultural Centre (where my studio is housed) to see a puppet show - aren't they just so cute?



We are holding our breaths and praying for Madiba who is critically ill.  

"THERE is no passion to be found in playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." These words of Nelson Mandela could not ring more true as he lies in hospital in Pretoria, gravely ill.

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news/53503/why-world-will-weep-nelson-mandela#ixzz2XLzeH4pQ

No comments:

Post a Comment