Sunday, June 30, 2013

Winter's Promise

I love art jewellery.  Jewellery that's made the same way an artist would make a painting.  A piece of jewellery carrying the maker's deepest thoughts, secrets and questions.  When I look at art jewellery I want to be questioned, stirred and forced to look deeper.  It doesn't have to be perfect, shiny and trendy.  I want to see the maker's hand in it, the designer's signature.

I spend many relaxing hours, searching the internet for beautiful art jewellery pieces and pin them to my Wow! Jewellery board.   There are many, many beautiful pieces on the web and I am amazed at what people come up with - always something new!

EarthButterBeads take up a lot of my time in the studio and I have been aching to design and make art jewellery with the jewellery components I have been making the past year or two.  Yesterday seemed to be the perfect day for making the pendants I have been planning for a while.  Here they are:

Title:  Winter's Promise I.  Material:  Hand made raku ceramic cabochon, recycled copper and pearl.

Close Up: Winter's Promise I

Reverse side of pendant 



Title:  Winter's Promise II  Material:  Handmade raku ceramic cabochon, recycled copper and pearl.

Close up of Winter's Promise II

It is mid winter in my part of the world and the colours of my surroundings are so beautifully reflected in these raku ceramic cabochons and copper prongs.  What do you think of my art jewellery pendants?  Do they speak to your heart and can you see something of me, the designer maker in them?  I'd love to hear from you!
Desiree
x

No comments:

Post a Comment