Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Helping a fellow human being

We were having a quick lunch at a small bistro right on the banks of the Onrus river lagoon yesterday when this scene played out.  I had my camera with me as I wanted to take pictures of the river which has bursts its banks after Saturday's storm.
A man with a bicycle was standing on the river bank, contemplating how he was going to cross
 the river without getting wet and damaging his bicycle. 
A stranger in a wet suit then offered to piggy back the man to the other side. 

His friend followed carrying the man's bicycle to the other side of the river.  This kind gesture by one human being to another was really special to witness and I was so lucky to have had my camera with me to capture the moment!



I took these textured stoneware discs out of the kiln this morning and can't wait to
make the rings.  I have a few ideas that I've been playing around with.  One is to attach the disc to a silver plate with thick prongs and the other is to combine them with semi-precious stones.
 So many ideas, its hard to choose but at least there's 6 discs to work with.


No comments:

Post a Comment