Friday, July 31, 2015

(Another) trip down memory lane

I've been going through images on my computer earlier today and enjoyed another trip down memory lane.  I thought I'd share some of my favourites with you:

Tall flower vase, textured, glazed, ceramic decals


This vase is about 24cm tall and the perfect size for a bunch of roses.

I love this female body pot which I made with white
earthenware clay and fired in a saggar filled with organic material.




The clay surface near the rim has some beautiful marks
 of dried plant material which was in the saggar.
I made this large open bowl for an exhibition of works
 inspired by a classic Afrikaans recipe book.

I wrote a full page of script from a recipe book on this large open bowl.  After having written (scratched) the words on 3 bowls (which I had to discard as mistakes
couldn't be corrected), this one made it to the exhibition!



No comments:

Post a Comment